Archive for the ‘Egg Recipes’ Category
8 large eggs
1/4 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red peppers
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus more for sprinkling
Salt and pepper
3 chives, cut into 16 1/2-inch pieces
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently lower eggs into water, return to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook eggs 11 minutes, drain and place in a large bowl of ice water. Cool completely, at least 10 minutes.
2. Crack eggs and carefully peel under cool running water. Slice in half lengthwise, scoop out yolks and place them in a food processor with peppers, mayonnaise, mustard and paprika. Cover and refrigerate whites. Process yolk mixture until smooth; taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer yolk mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip or a large ziplock bag. If using a bag, squeeze out air, seal and snip off a corner. Pipe about 1 Tbsp. filling into center of each egg white, to resemble a pumpkin. Set a piece of chive diagonally into filling to resemble a stem. Sprinkle yolks with paprika. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.
Recipe from September All of You.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks and mash with fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Fill whites with egg yolk mixture, heaping it lightly. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Curried Deviled Eggs
Omit mustard. Mix 1½ to 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can), drained, and 1 thinly sliced green onion into yolk mixture. Garnish with cashews or dry-roasted peanuts.
Bacon-Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Mix 2 to 3 slices crisply cooked crumbled bacon and 2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese into yolk mixture. Garnish with additional crumbled bacon or chopped fresh chives or parsley.
Fresh Herb Deviled Eggs
Mix 1 teaspoon each chopped fresh chives, parsley and dill into egg yolk mixture. If desired, substitute basil or marjoram for the dill. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.
Taco Deviled Eggs
Omit mustard. Increase mayonnaise to ¼ cup. Mix 1 teaspoon dry taco seasoning mix into yolk mixture. Stir in 1 tablespoon well-drained chopped ripe olives, 2 tablespoons well-drained diced seeded tomato and 1 thinly sliced green onion. Garnish with a drizzle of taco sauce or small spoonful of salsa and diced avocado.
Wasabi Deviled Eggs
Omit mustard. Mix 1 teaspoon wasabi paste and 1 teaspoon milk into egg yolk mixture. Garnish with thin slices of pickled ginger, wasabi peas and black sesame seeds.
Spicy Mustad Eggs
Omit mustard. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of dry Chinese mustard and Increase mayonnaise to ¼ cup.
Zesty Deviled Eggs
Mix ½ cup finely shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish into egg yolk mixture. Garnish with additional cheese or parsley.
Ham and Veggie Deviled Eggs
Mix 1 tablespoon each finely chopped red bell pepper, green bell pepper and cooked ham into egg yolk mixture. Garnish with additional chopped bell pepper.
Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Omit mustard. Mix ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese into yolk mixture. Garnish with whole or chopped cilantro leaves.
More Fun Ideas!
Taste of Home Lil Devil Recipe
I Lived I Love Recipe
Taste of Home – Chicks on the Ranch Deviled Eggs