Archive for the ‘Cleaning Tips’ Category
Refrigerator Cleaning Tips
- Chrome Doors – Windex and a few paper towels works wonders to improve shine.
- Black High Gloss Doors – Wash with a dish washing liquid, warm water and sponge let dry and then use Windex to get a high gloss shine.
- Continuous Inside Deodorizer – Baking soda leave an open box in the fridge and replace it every three months for continuous deodorizing.
- Faster Fix for Odors – sprinkle vanilla extract on some cotton balls, place in a shallow dish and put in the refrigerator. Orange extract also works. (Then use a box of baking soda for continuous odor deodorizer).
- Freshly Ground Coffee – placed in a small dish at the back of the fridge, also works very well at absorbing odors.
- Cleaning Shelving & Drawers– Wipe down shelving and drawers with warm water and dish washing soap.
Surprising Uses for Windex
- Restore shine on patent shoes or purses, just spray on and wipe.
- Removes strains from carpet pour a little on the stain rub with a wet sponge or cloth.
- Spray Windex on bathroom fixtures for a shine.
- Spray Windex on stove top to remove grease.
- Spray on a dirty pan spray Windex in the pan and wipe with a paper towel then wash as usual.
- Lampshade use a lint brush to remove dust.
- WD-40 and a microfiber cloth cleans off crayons from flat screen.
- Stove burners soak in ammonia and rinse repeat if necessary.
- Clean cookie sheets with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide layer it baking soda first and then hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for awhile should wipe clean.
- Cleaning your iron, pour salt down on your board and iron it should clean off easily.